Wednesday, February 17, 2010

R2D2!

I recently finished one of my first crochet crafts. I was shown a link to a completely knitted hat and asked to make one like it. I knit, but I never really taught myself that whole "knitting in the round" thing like I meant to. My little brother taught me how to crochet (yes, my brother), so I decided that crocheting would be the way to go. I'm not a fan of changing colors and paying that much attention to the count when crocheting a hat, so I decided to use felt. I love felt. I can cut it into any shape I want with my super sharp scissors, and it does whatever I want without fraying and unraveling.

February 056

This is the result! I'm quite pleased with it.

February 069

Here it is upon my head.



February 063

Lastly, a back view.


Please don't bother trying to order one at this time, it is a one of a kind. I think I was fighting the plague during the week I made it, so it felt daunting and like it took forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment